Charlotte Motor Speedway
5555 Concord Pkwy. South
Concord, NC 28027
For motorists traveling from South Carolina:
Take I-77 North to the I-485 outer loop (Exit 1B) to U.S. 29 North (Exit 32) or N.C. 49 North (Exit 33).
For motorists traveling from west of Charlotte:
Take I-85 North to I-485 (Exit 48) to U.S. 29 North (Exit 32) or N.C. 49 (Exit 33). An alternate route is I-85 North to Poplar Tent Road (Exit 52) to Pitts School Road to U.S. 29 South. Through traffic should remain in the left two lanes of I-85 North to avoid delays near Exit 49.
For motorists traveling from east of Charlotte:
Take the I-485 outer loop to U.S. 29 North (Exit 32) or N.C. 49 North (Exit 33).
For motorists traveling from north of Charlotte:
Take I-85 South to Poplar Tent Road (Exit 52) to Pitts School Road to U.S. 29 South.
Officials recommend motorists take the I-485 outer loop to N.C. 49 North, which is usually less congested than other suggested routes.
Commuters that use I-85 can expect delays Friday afternoon, Oct. 12, and should adjust driving time if possible, or use an alternate route. Additionally, on Saturday, Oct. 13, officials will limit access from I-85 to Exit 49 at approximately 10 p.m.
Best Travel Times on Race Days
- It is best to arrive at Charlotte Motor Speedway before 5 p.m. for Bojangles’ Pole Night on Thursday, Oct. 11 and the Dollar General 300 on Friday, Oct. 12, to avoid commuter traffic.
- The Dollar General 300 on Oct. 12 and Bank of America 500 on Oct. 13 are both evening races, but fans are encouraged to arrive early to avoid Concord Mills mall congestion. Parking lots open at 7 a.m.
Post-Race Traffic Patterns for Bank of America 500
NCDOT will utilize counter flow patterns after the Bank of America 500 on Oct. 13.
- Traffic exiting from Entrance P onto Morehead Road will counter flow with three eastbound lanes being utilized until Highway 49 in Harrisburg, N.C.
- Those exiting from Entrance O onto Morehead Road will counter flow four lanes westbound out until Highway 29. All lanes will be directed to turn left towards Charlotte.
- Bruton Smith Boulevard will counter flow using three lanes from Entrance Y until Interstate 85.
- Highway 29 will counter flow using three lanes until Pitt School Road in Concord.
- West Morehead Road/Mallard Creek Church Road will counter flow until Salem Church Road.